A kitchen remodel can be an exciting adventure for any home owner. However, during a remodel, your cooking and eating schedules can be put in total disarray. Without some smart planning, a kitchen remodel could end up being more of an inconvenience than an adventure. Here are some helpful tips to assist you in surviving your kitchen remodel.
Plan Ahead: Makeshift Kitchen
Planning ahead can make all the difference to minimize how much disruption a remodel has on your day-to-day routine. Since kitchen remodels can take time, relying solely on take-out-food and restaurants to eat can get expensive. But, if you set up a makeshift kitchen in the meantime, you’ll end up saving money on eating out by preparing basic meals for you and your family. Here’s what to do:
· Equip a space with your essential kitchen appliances such as a coffee maker, slow cooker, microwave, or toaster to work in your temporary kitchen setup.
· Adding a fridge to your makeshift kitchen can also be a lifesaver if you have an extra one (mini or full size).
· Keep in mind needs for things like counter space, and plan out flat surface substitutes such as tables.
· Use paper plates, cups and utensils so you don’t have to worry about washing dishes.
· If you decide to use dishes, allocate yourself only the amount of dishes that you would be willing to clean by hand in a spare sink on a daily basis.
To find out more information about kitchen remodeling or other remodeling projects in the High Country of North Carolina, contact VPC Builders at 828-295-0707 or to find a professional in your area, visit the National Association of Home Builders at nahb.org.